Each month, we try to highlight some product recalls from the previous month on our blog. It’s important to pay attention to these as there are products listed that may cause injury or sickness to you or your loved ones. Children are especially at risk because many of the recalls are items that are manufactured for kids, who may not be aware of the dangers of using the product.
10 product recalls from May 2017
- Graco MyRide 65 car seats. Graco recalled about 25,000 car seats produced between May and August 2014. These car seats failed to meet Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, and may not adequately restrain children during a crash. Stop using the car seats immediately, and contact Graco consumer services. 1800-345-4109.
- Leggett & Platt Office Chairs. These chairs pose a fall hazard due to seat slider bolts and push nuts that can disconnect and fall from the chair, causing the seat to detach. Stop using the chair immediately, and contact the firm for a free repair kit. 1844-516-3615
- Williams-Sonoma Rejuvenation Wall Sconces. These sconces can cause a shock hazard. Stop using the sconces and contact Rejuvenation for a free repair kit or replacement sconce. 855-347-2143
- Hobby Lobby Easter and July 4th Light-Up Spinner Toys. The battery cover can detach and expose the small coin cell batteries, which can cause a chocking hazard if ingested by children. Do not let your children play with these toys, and return them immediately to Hobby Lobby for a refund or store credit.
- Sportex Salt Rock Lamps. These lamps can cause a shock and fire hazard if the dimmer switch overheats and ignites. Stop using the lamp immediately and return to the store where you purchased it.
- Krusher Scooters. The down tube on these scooters can break and cause a fall hazard. Do not use the scooters, and contact Pulse Performance Products for a refund. 844-728-9957
- Michael’s Ceramic Travel Mugs. These mugs can cause a burn hazard due to the fact that the lid does not fit securely on the top of the mug, and there is not a silicon hand wrap to prevent burning your hand. Do not use these mugs, and return them to Michael’s for a full refund.
- Pier 1 Chalk Note Mugs. These mugs can crack when they are filled with hot liquid causing a burn hazard. Stop using the mugs and return them to Pier 1.
- Bradshaw International Coffee Presses. These coffee presses can break during normal use and cause a laceration hazard. Stop using them and contact Bradshaw International for a free replacement. 877-614-9571
- Combi USA Stroller and Car Seat Combo. The car seat portion of this item can disengage from the stroller’s frame posing a fall hazard to infants. Stop using the product and contact Combi for a free repair kit. 844-332-6730
If you own any of these products, do not continue to use them and either return them or call the manufacturer for instructions. If you feel that you have been injured by a product due to negligence on behalf of the manufacturer, you should contact a personal injury attorney who may be able to help you recover financially from your losses.
Jimison, R. (2017, May 25). Graco recalls more than 25,000 car seats. Retrieved May 31, 2017, from http://cnn.com/2017/05/24/health/graco-car-seat-recall/
Recall List. (n.d.). Retrieved May 31, 2017, from https://cpsc.gov/Recalls?field_rc_date_value%5Bmin%5D=&field_rc_date_value%5Bmax%5D=&combine=