Miami has many people cycling through our streets every day. It makes sense, given our near constant sunshine. Most bike trips end well, but the worst can happen. Cyclists are uniquely vulnerable to accidents because they have little protection when they are struck by a motor vehicle.
It is for exactly that reason that you need a bicycle attorney in Florida. Our experienced team has what it takes to win your case today.
Other parties may be held responsible for injuries and wrongful deaths caused in a bicycle accident.
Were you injured in a bicycle accident? At the law firm of Panter, Panter & Sampedro, we can help you pursue compensation for your injuries. Call 305-662-6178 for a FREE consultation. Read more below about bicycle accident law and what we can do for you.
Potential Injuries From Bicycle Accidents
There are many common injuries from bicycle accidents. Even if a cyclist is riding as safely as possible, the worst can still happen. When it does, we can be there alongside you. Read below to learn common problems:
- Broken Bones
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Crushing Injuries
- Road Rash
- Nerve Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
The above is not meant to be a complete and comprehensive list. There are more potential injuries that can arise from a bike crash.
What To Do After a Bicycle Accident
There are a few things that you should always do after a bike accident. Try following the below in order:
- Wait for the police to arrive
- Obtain the driver’s information
- Obtain contact information from any witnesses
- Document what happened, either through notes, photos, or anything you have on hand
- Make sure the police take your report
- Seek medical attention
- Hire an expert in bicycle accident law
Bike Accidents & Negligence
The key part of any bike accident lawsuit comes in establishing who was negligent. Negligence can come in many different forms. The following is a list of reasons that would potentially allow someone to sue:
- The driver turning directly in front of the cyclist
- Failure to yield
- The driver failing to look both ways
- Driving under the influence
- Failure to look before changing lanes
- Mechanical failure of the bicycle
- Distracted driving
- Improper vehicle maintenance
- Running a stop sign
- Poorly maintained roads
- Ignoring bike paths
- Misunderstanding bicycle speeds
- Checking social media while driving
- Tending to children or other occupants in the vehicle
Are Accident Lawyers Worth It?
Yes. While that reply can seem pretty blunt, it is true. If you have been in a bicycle crash, the only thing that we want you to worry about is getting better from those nasty injuries. We can help take care of the rest.
Our experienced team has what it takes to win your case. We will be with you for every step in the journey. Our tenacious lawyers will make sure that you receive a fair outcome. Call us now at 305-662-6178 for a FREE initial consultation about your case.