Class Action Lawsuits For Defective Products
When a company manufactures a product or a drug that causes serious injury or death to many people, what can you do to hold the company accountable? How can you stop more injuries from occurring? How can you get justice?
One tool to level the playing field against a large corporation is a class action lawsuit. In a class action lawsuit, one person or a small group of people can sue on behalf of thousands of other people who suffered similar injuries from a product or drug. Any number of qualified people can join in a class action case if they qualify.
If you think you have a potential class action claim, contact an attorney at Panter, Panter & Sampedro, P.A. To schedule a free initial consultation, call 305-662-6178. Our attorneys know how to file class action lawsuits involving defective drugs that have been the subject of recalls by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Causes Of Class Actions
Many personal injury class actions involve defective drugs or medical products.
Class action lawsuits can be brought because drugs have been found to be dangerous, ineffective, negligently manufactured or marketed for unapproved uses. (In cases where the drug was ineffective, the class action may be for financial losses rather than medical problems.) Drugs currently being considered for class action cases include:
- Risperdal (illegal marketing)
- Contaminated heparin
- Avandia (linked to heart attacks and bone fractures)
- Celebrex (linked to increased risk of heart attack, stroke and death)
- Prempro (linked to increased risk of breast cancer, stroke, blood clots and heart attack)
- Advair (linked to increased risk of severe asthma episodes)
- Zyprexa (linked to increased risk of diabetes and death)
- Levaquin (linked to increased risk of tendon rupture)
- Ortho Evra (linked to increased risk of risk of blood clots)
- Organon’s vaginal contraceptive NuvaRing (linked to increased risk of blood clotting)
- Chantix (linked to increased risk of suicidal, violent behavior)
CALL 305-662-6178 TODAY
If someone you love has suffered brain damage because of another’s negligence, our family can help you and yours. Call our Miami law offices toll free from anywhere in Florida or contact us online for a free consultation. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week and convenient evening, weekend and off-site appointments are available.
All personal injury class action lawsuits are taken on a contingency basis; you will pay no lawyers’ fees unless we are able to obtain a verdict or settlement on your behalf.
FREE Consultation/No Recovery = No Fee/Se Habla Español