What do I do after a car accident? This is a common question in the moments following a crash. Whether the incident was your fault or not, auto accidents can be both scary and stressful. There are many variables to consider all at once beginning with making sure no one is injured as well as taking steps to protect your rights in the event of a claim.
Were you injured in a car accident? Contact Miami’s leading car accident attorneys today for a FREE consultation.
What do I do after a car accident?
Here are a few tips you should remember following an auto accident.
- First and foremost, if there are injuries, you should call 911 immediately. Regardless of who is the injured party, if you need emergency services at the site of the crash, it’s vital that you make that call right away.
- If you are not in need of emergency services, call the police to document the incident. You will need a police report when you report the accident to your insurance company, regardless of who was at fault for the accident.
- Make sure to get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of all drivers involved in the crash. If you want to take photos of the licenses, ask the other drivers to exchange license information with you.
- You will also need to get the information of the other driver’s insurance company, their policy number, and the telephone number of the insurance company.
- Photograph each car involved in the accident. Get photos of the inside and outside of the cars, especially where there is damage. This is extremely important when reporting damages to your insurance company.
- If you have any injuries, even if they seem minor, you should always see a doctor following the accident. Also, photograph any injuries you have, even if they seem like small bruises or scrapes. A bruise could be an indicator of a more serious injury.
- Before you speak to any insurance company, consider seeking legal advice. Working with insurance companies can be complicated. Even if the claim has already been filed, it’s a good idea to speak with an attorney before signing off on any paperwork or checks from the insurance company to make sure that it is in your best interest.
We also invite you to print our guide on what you should do following a car accident and keep it as a reference in your wallet or car.
Contacting Panter, Panter, and Sampedro After a Car Accident
If you are a driver in a car accident and wondering, “what do I do after a car accident?” contact us at Panter, Panter, and Sampedro. We are here to handle your personal injury case arising as a result of an accident. Contact us with your questions and speak to one of our attorneys directly about your situation. We look forward to helping you. We can be reached at (305) 662-6178. Or find us at panterlaw.com.